- To make a good impression on decision makers you meet, "volunteer your time to a nonprofit organization they're involved in, or aid in publicizing a school fundraiser their kids are involved in."
- "Create a company-approved project that will force you to learn new skills and introduce you to new people within your company."
- "take on leadership positions in the hobbies and outside organizations that interest you."
- "spend time with peopl who are doing the jobs you'd like to be doing"
- "enroll in a class at a community college on a subject that relates to either the job you're doing now or a job you see yourself doing in the future."
"Are you making the most of the connections you already have?"
** All quotes are from "Never Eat Alone" by Ferrazzi
Take that first step and connect with me at http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericstandlee . Ask me how, and I will tell you how to grow your network massively just using LinkedIn and that will translate into better skills in person.
In His Service,